Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Time I Moved to A City

I now live in a city. Which is crazy, it still has not hit me that I have to walk everywhere and if something is "1 mile" away, it means I'm going to have to walk 2 miles and endure a intense amount of thigh chaffing. These are things I'm slowly learning about city life.

Other fun things:

There is nothing cheaper than $2 at the grocery store. (Also, buying drinks at the grocery store is almost entirely out of the question, as I live .6 miles from the grocery store and walking 11 minutes with a 12 pack of Mountain Dew Voltage in my hand would make my arm fall off.)

Chicago apartments and houses all have a series of mazes behind the apartment that lead to weird deck/staircases and alley ways. It looks bizarre.

Parking is non existent.

I am supremely excited for Primetime TV to start at 7 pm and not 8 pm (although I still am confused as to why sportscenter starts at 10 and not 11.

My feet get extremely dirty from walking, if I showed you the bottom of my feet right now, you would swear I grew up in a desert on another continent.

Air conditioning window units are commodities and I don't know how to use them.

And finally, 88%% of Chicago speaks Polish.

I will update you on things I've learned from "the big city."

No comments: