Thursday, August 05, 2010

The Time I Had the Worst Roommate Ever (Part 1)

I've had my share of bad roommates since roommates started existing for me (I was an only child and thus, ran around the house pretending I was the 1994 UCLA Bruins basketball team all by myself).

There was the first roommate, who, after 2 days, decided he was too wealthy to live in a dorm room, with a roommate, on the slums of campus and moved into his own apartment, where he had more than enough space to practice his short game.

The 2nd roommate, who may or may not have been Dwight from the Office. Highly anal retentive, flossing for at least 10 minutes before bed every single night, he was also an eagle scout and made sure that we were always prepared for everything (although he was never thoroughly prepared for his morning erection).

My 3rd and 4th roommates didn't actually live in the same room as I did, so it made things easier and number 3 was a crazy person, that lied to us, forgot to pay his rent one summer and thus, we moved out after 2 months.

Roommate 4 was fine, pretty quiet, funny, kept to himself, but he loved to make a mess in the kitchen and he hated (HATED) my love interest at the time.

Roommates 5 and 6 were (and still are my best friends) and living with them was pretty easy for me (barring 1 huge blow out fight with each of them at different points, one of these blowout fights was over a game of pick up football and the temperature outside. It is not something I'm proud of). Roommates 5 and 6 also probably hated me more than I hated them, because of the...veracity of some of my nightly activities with a certain new found girlfriend, but, they dont have blogs, so they cant confirm this.

Roommate 7 was one of my good friends from high school, he and I are still friends, but it just didn't work as roommates.

Roommate 8 was a friend of Roommate 6 (and after a year of living alone/with a girlfriend) needed some getting used to. Great guy, but after losing his job, he sat around the apartment all day long, doing absolutely nothing. He moved out after finding a new job 500 miles away. Which brings us to Roommate 9, the worst roommate ever.

Part 2 tomorrow.

6 comments:

DashProblem said...

I clicked.

Anonymous said...

i loved rommate #4! he once drunkenly asked me if he could be my sideline ho...whatever that means

Kelson Fagan said...

Scott, you are the best.

Anonymous said...

"because of the...veracity of some of my nightly activities with a certain new found girlfriend" thats in my top three things i never wanted to hear from you cousin.
ps i clicked every single ad.

Newfound gf said...

I don't recall any rowdy voraciousness. My bad I guess...

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.