Thursday, February 16, 2012

The What I Think, You Think, She Thinks Meme

This is getting out of hand. In recent days the internet has been inundated by this new fangled meme that goes like this "job title or activity" at the top followed by 6 windows of different views of people.

"What my mom thinks I do"
"What society thinks I do"
'What my boss thinks I do"
"What my friends think I do"
"What I think I do"
"What I actually do"

This shit has to stop. Every one of these is the same and when you inevitably read one that relates to you, you exclaim loudly to yourself and immediately repost to your friends. This is why the internet will break someday, remember that. Not only does no one care about your particular field - everyone of these is the same. Let's break it down:

"What my mom thinks I do" = The idealistic view of my job
"What society thinks I do" = The simplified view of my job
'What my boss thinks I do" = The worst view of my job
"What my friends think I do" = The coolest view of my job
"What I think I do" = Nothing/Self Aggrandizing View
"What I actually do" = Nothing/The boring view of my job.

Every single one of these is the same - not only is it not funny, but I just decoded this quicker than Tom Hanks defeated the albino self mutilating priest in the Da Vinci Code. Come on internet, you can do better than this.

No comments: