Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Short Stories With Tragic Endings

I was stopped at a red light about to get on the highway. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a woman - approximately 55 and what I assumed to be her son of 20. I hope this was their relationship, there should be no other reason for a woman of this age to hang out with a boy so young. She was smoking a cigarette and he was smoking a bowl. He rolled down his window, dumped his bowl out onto the street and then repacked it and began to smoke. His mother had no noticeable reaction as he blew smoke back into the car. The light turned green and they followed me onto the highway. I proceeded to slow down to a crisp 25 MPH to allow them to pass. I can only imagine how reckless a driver the mother might be when she allows her son to smoke weed in front of her and in a car.

No comments: