Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Time I Woke Up

This afternoon I decided to take a nap. I set my alarm for 6:30 so that I wouldn't miss the re-run of PTI on ESPN (it's like watching your old Jewish grandfather try to keep up with an all black NBA, it's hilarious). I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before due to a nice growth of mucus that has been residing in my throat the past few days ( I took Nyquil, but that didn't kick in until about 5 am - when I had to go to work).

This nap schedule has become pretty routine for me, I like to fall asleep during the day, wake up around 6 something at night, when it's dark out, so for about 3 minutes I rush around thinking I'm late for work before I realize what meridiem it actually is.

Today was different. Today was different because it was not my alarm that woke me up, but the sound of my own bedroom door closing. Which is weird, because ummm...no one else lives in my room. I do have a roommate and he did used to have a "knock and walk problem" (where he thought we were still in college and could just randomly hop into people's rooms while knocking) but I thought we had fixed this. (I fixed this so well that last week while trying to give me a rent check he knocked 3 times and I said "Come In" 3 times and he still wouldn't come in. I should be a teacher.

10 seconds later the front door closed and locked, which either means it WAS my roommate or that the thief in my house had a key (bad) but was polite enough to lock the door on his way out (good). I'm not sure who to feel bad for though, if he did indeed enter my room (for whatever reason) he would've seen my gorilla-esque asscheeks, staring directly at him (with sheets covering every other inch of my body, a cinematographer in a Scarlett Johansson PG-13 movie couldn't have done it any better).

This is probably the most likely scenario (also why he had to immediately leave the house, probably to bleach his corneas.) What is the next logical step in this scenario? 3 more months of barely talking to each other, or would it better to be upfront and say "Hey, I know you saw me naked, we can work through this, I wasn't ready to be at this stage in our relationship, but we are here and if it was meant to be than it was meant to be." Then I'd grab his hand and say "We are one now."

I might go with the latter, just to see how long it takes him to move out afterwards.

No comments: