Friday, January 29, 2010

We're You Aware of It?

Sometimes when you don't take any sort of real math class for about 7 years, you forget how to do simple math. I chose to take statistics in college (not a real math) and thus I haven't really done math since..oh...Pre-Calc in high school.

Why is this relevant, and what do you need to be aware of? Well, I'm studying for the GRE's so I can go to graduate school and pretend like my horrible life decisions (indentured servitude) were just a quick 3 years where I was adventurous and fancy free (Maybe I can just forget these 3 years happened and fill in the blanks with memories of how I spent 3 years backpacking europe, trying different methamphetamines, and running away from foreigners who hate americans and try to sell them and their parts on the black market. Basically the plot of Hostel..I'd be so cultured and limbless!)

So, while studying for the GRE's, I realized that I don't remember how to do math. PERIOD. Fractions? No. Exponentials...Huh? And of course everything gets harder from there. It turns out, I'm mathematically illiterate.

WE'RE YOU AWARE OF IT?

No comments: