Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 Random Things (From Facebook)

1. I have fallen asleep listening to TV shows for the better part of this decade. This originally started because I needed something to focus my mind instead of my own terrible thoughts, but now it is built into my nature. This started with Scrubs, Arrested Development, The Office and now 30 Rock. They have to be comedies. 

2. I regret not taking better advantage of the social scene in college. Having an inferiority complex does not make for fun times (most-ul-ly). 

3. I have not drank any alcohol, since my mother used to like to watch the funny look on my face when I tasted Corona at the tender age of 10. It began as a hatred of alcohol but has become principle as everyone I know that has ever been "straight edge", like me, has decided to drink at some point after they are 21. 

4. I am straight edge and in addition to drinking, I do not and will not ever smoke anything. 

5. My parents are on facebook and that is not so secretly embarrassing. I am 100% positive my mother will read this note and, in turn, that makes me not want to write this note. I hate that old people take over young people's mediums. 

6. My mother used to have the AOL screen name "kelsonsmom". This would be embarrassing on it's own, but she would then steal my friends screen names from MY buddy list and then look at their profiles. It gets worse. Remember 8 years ago when everyone had those "who has seen my profile?" trackers in their info? Well let's just say most of my friends profiles would show that "kelsonsmom" had looked at that profile. 

7. I am already running out of random things and sort of feel like a sell out for writing this. I can't believe that 25 random things is sweeping facebook. What possessed one random kid one day to be like "I'm gonna post 25 random things about me and send them to all my friends and within a month 38% of facebook will hop on this." Anyone could've done this. 

8. I have only seriously dated 3 girls in my lifetime. I have been interested in some form or another in approximately 37. There will be a book coming out that documents this amazing inability of mine. 

9. I am addicted to television, but because of my recent poverty, cut off my cable. Thank god for Hulu. 

10. I went to catholic high school and used to be all about God and going on spiritual retreats. Catholic school changed this and I haven't been to church in any form since freshman year of college and that was only because I like a girl (a valid excuse). 

11. I used to do high school theatre. I am not and was not a good singer but I always got a minor role selling apples or cleaning shoes in the background. 

12. After each performance of each play the male cast would go into the changing room and play "Date Rape," by Sublime. You can insert your own joke here....

13. My favorite band is The Appleseed Cast. Out of my 271 friends on facebook I would wager a guess that only 12 of them know who The Appleseed Cast and half of them probably found out because of me. I love when people ask me who my favorite band is and I say "You wouldn't know them." And they say "Try me." This is probably one of the reasons I still list them as my favorite band even though they've only put out one good CD in the last 5 years. 

14. I am in a band called It's Just Vanity. This band has been together for approximately 4 or 5 years and we've put out one CD and played exactly 2 shows (acoustically). This will be rectified in the coming months. 

15. I am uncovered by health insurance. Once I was uncovered, I made the mistake of watching Michael Moore's "Sicko" and proceeded to watch the rest of the film with giant tears in my eye. I do not recommend this. 

16. I used to hate reading. I now love reading, my favorite author is Chuck Klosterman. I also enjoy David Sedaris and really, any sarcastic essayist.

17. I have exactly 2 solid friends left from high school. All the rest basically hate me for some reason that I will never exactly get. This makes me mildly sad as my senior year in high school hanging out with them was pretty awesome. I hope they read this and will want to hang out again at some point in time.

18. I have taken 6 years of French and at some point would like to try to actually speak the language. Often, I am too scared to speak to the Haitians at work in French. They speak way too fast for me. They also hate me because I'm white. 

19. Most of my best friends live at least 450 miles away, excluding one who goes to school in South Carolina.

20. Even though I am very much into music and can probably classified in the indie or emo genre, I love sports (which is a rarity in that world.) I love the New York Mets, Miami Dolphins and Charlotte Bobcats. 

21. I am a gambling addict. This started on a whim during football season (where I made over $100 and has finished as of yesterday when I was gambling on San Antonio Spurs games. I swear this is it (until next football season.)

22. Out of college, I thought I had my dream job working in the music and movie industry. Within 10 months I was burned out by promoting bands and TV shows (Frank TV) that sucked and working 60 hour weeks for companies that never thought I was doing enough. So now I do manual labor for a tyrant. 

23. I passed my first and second kidney stones at the tender age of 21 and it was incredibly painful. Most people don't get kidney stones until their 30's or 40's. I hope I just traded up in life. 

24. I have been driving for 7 years and I am already on my 5th car. My grandma left my a car in her will (it was crashed before I ever drove it), my second car was totaled in an accident in North Carolina, third car just up and died, the 4th car was a Prius and it was awesome and expensive, so I sold it. I now drive a Nissan Sentra. 24a. I am not a car guy and could not even begin to tell you how cars worked. 

25. I love movies. Movies often make me cry, especially when its an emotional scene where a normally lame band like Snow Patrol or Spiritualized plays in the background. I immediately get the soundtrack and proceed to fall in love with the female characters.

1 comment:

Sofia Pen said...

Is this Kelson? I'm Tiffany (from HMS).