Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Grammpy Pants

So after writing my 8000 word opus over a month ago I will make my triumphant return this Saturday - February 16th with my Live Grammy Blog.

Yes I was at the Grammy's. If you happened to TiVo the telecast I was sandwiched in between Tony Bennett and his bottle of Scotch and his tube of Bengay. Tony almost let me walk on stage with him when he was nominated 5 times in the same category for "Best Duet with Tony Bennett." I was almost to the front of the stage when he realized I wasn't his cyborg butler. I now have a dull bruise (like what an orange gets) on my forearm from where Tony tried to grab it. They had to pry his fingers off, not because his grip was too strong, but because he bones quickly formed arthritic and he couldn't flex them.

I can't wait till the Oscar's when he is nominated with Tim Robbins for " A Conversation with Tony Bennett."

So maybe I didn't attend the Grammy's but my Tivo let me have a front row seat for the 3 or so hours of it. Check back Saturday for the winners...if ...ya know...you like knowing the winners a week late.

1 comment:

Lou Erazo said...

kelson, you're funny. (i'm sure you know this). but funny witty. i like that. ok.

ps. the hamburglers smell delishhh.